September has come and gone and it’s time for our monthly update. To start, I wanted to reflect on our progress. As of October 1st we have:
- Engaged 47 youth in 3 provinces and 1 territory
- Encouraged and supported the youth in gaining 803 hours of volunteer service
- Supported youth in securing $6500 of funding through the #RisingYouth grant
- Co-created 7 community-specific resources to support mental health
- Shared countless giphys and laughs
We’ve completed our projects in two out of the five communities we partnered with. We’re currently working on the Nuna book for the group in Arviat, NU. We are preparing for our design studio in Winnipeg and continuing our work with the youth in Windsor. The Windsor youth team recently applied for a #RisingYouth grant, as they are hoping to secure funds to promote the tools they created. They are preparing for a Youth Summit in November, where the mindyourmind team will have a booth and will organize a celebration for the group after the summit to acknowledge their hard work and celebrate.
In other news, our team is excited about an upcoming training opportunity through the Canada Service Corps. Our team has the opportunity to attend a three day training regarding reconciliation and allyship hosted by the 4R’s Youth Movement. We will be sharing our learnings on the website for those who are interested.
That’s it for us for now, watch out for our update next month or sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!